Monument record MDR11876 - Primitive Methodist Chapel (site of), High Street, Tideswell
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
The 1st ed. 25" OS map c. 1880 shows a Chapel on High Street, Tideswell. (1) The 2nd ed. OS map c. 1900 indicates that the chapel had been demolished to make way for the new Primitive Methodist Chapel on the site. (2) Examination of modern maps indicates that the building has been demolished. (3) Bulmer states in 1895 that the "Primitive Methodists rebuilt their chapel in 1893" suggesting a date for the demolition of the earlier chapel. (4)
- <1> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XVI - 9, 1989.
- <2> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20716 Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
- <4> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 478.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1516 7575 (11m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||TIDESWELL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 29 2016 10:21AM