Monument record MDR11879 - Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (site of), Brand Top, Hartington Upper Quarter
Type and Period (1)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1876 AD to 1876 AD)
- None recorded
The 1st ed. 25" OS map c. 1880 shows a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel at Brand Top, Hartington Upper Quarter. (1) The chapel was still in use at the beginning of the 20th century. (2, 3) Examination of modern maps indicate that the chapel has been demolished. (4) The Wesleyan Chapel is a handsome edifice of stone, erected in 1876, at a cost of £1,000, raised by subscription. It is after the Norman style, well lighted, and elegantly furnished in polished pitchpine. There is no residual minister. (5)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXI - 12, 1898.
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20716 Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
- <5> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 118.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 0436 6853 (29m by 23m)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON UPPER QUARTER, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 2 2009 12:03PM