Building record MDR11886 - Unitarian Chapel, Great Hucklow

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

The 2nd ed. 25" OS map c. 1900 shows a large Unitarian Chapel across the road from the old chapel (see SME 6339). (1) By the time of the 3rd OS map c. 1910 the building is in use as a Convalescent Home and the old chapel is marked as in use again. (2) Examination of modern maps indicate that the building is now 'Barleycrofts', a series of three private residences. (3)

Sources/Archives (4)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XVI - 2, 1898.
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
  • <3> Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
  • <8> Article in serial: Barnatt, J (University of Sheffield) & Reeder, P. 1982. 'Prehistoric rock art in the Peak District', Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 102, pp 33-44.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 1780 7772 (15m by 25m)
Civil Parish GREAT HUCKLOW, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jul 31 2017 3:10PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.