Monument record MDR1189 - ?Barrow, High Low, Monyash
Type and Period (2)
- HUMAN REMAINS (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- ROUND BARROW ? (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- None recorded
Numerous human and animal bones found on the 10th February 1849 in levelling out an old stone quarry, located near Monyash. The area is called High Low. These finds may be an indication of a barrow here. (1). [SK 1445 6547] Human remains found. (2). There are no surface remains of a tumulus. (3).
- <1> SDR16985 Bibliographic reference: Bateman, T. 1861. Ten Years' Diggings in Celtic and Saxon Grave Hills. p244.
- <2> SDR11761 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1923. 6".
- <3> SDR6073 Personal Observation: F1 BHS 09-MAR-66.
- <4> SDR8643 Bibliographic reference: Marsden, B. 1977. The Burial Mounds of Derbyshire. p76.
- <5> SDR9833 Index: NDAT. 1560. 1560.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1447 6548 (174m by 250m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||MONYASH, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 5 2007 12:54PM