Monument record MDR11901 - Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (site of), Macclesfield Road, Burbage
Type and Period (1)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
The 1st ed. 25" OS map c. 1880 shows a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel on Macclesfield Road, Burbage. (1) The chapel was still in use at the beginning of the 20th century. (2, 3) Examination of modern maps show a slightly smaller building in the same location as the chapel. This could indicate that the building has been demolished but it is also possible that some of the original building may survive as this smaller building. (4) The Wesleyans have a chapel here - a neat stone edifice, capable of seating 180 persons. (5)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XIV - 16, 1898.
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20716 Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
- <5> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 117.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 0449 7289 (22m by 23m)|
|Civil Parish||BUXTON, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 28 2017 11:10AM