Monument record MDR11909 - Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (site of), Fairfield Road, Buxton

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

The 2nd ed. 25" OS map c. 1900 shows a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Fairfield Road, Buxton. (1) The 3rd ed. OS map c. 1910 indicates that the chapel was extended about this time. (2) Examination of modern maps indicate that the chapel has been demolished and replaced with modern sheltered accommodation for the elderly which has a small church attached. (3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XV - 13, 1898.
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
  • <3> Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 0661 7390 (41m by 44m)
Civil Parish BUXTON, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jan 31 2018 10:54AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.