Building record MDR11915 - Wesleyan Reform Union Chapel, School Lane, Over Haddon
Type and Period (1)
- WESLEYAN REFORM UNION CHAPEL (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
The 1st ed. 25" OS map c. 1880 shows a small chapel on School Lane, Over Haddon. (1) The chapel was still in use at the beginning of the 20th century. (2, 3) Examination of modern maps indicate that the building is still in use as a chapel. (4) It is possible that this chapel is the one that Bulmer mentions. " The members of the Wesleyan Reform Union have also a chapel in the village". (5)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXVIII - 3, 1898.
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20716 Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
- <5> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 308.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2068 6641 (11m by 6m)|
|Civil Parish||OVER HADDON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 3 2009 8:35AM