Monument record MDR11928 - Well and Stone Trough, Chevin, Belper
Type and Period (2)
- World Heritage Site Buffer Zone
The site is shown as a well on late 19th and early 20th century OS maps. (1, 2, 3) A well spring and plain stone carved trough, measuring 0.7m by 0.3, were identified at SK 3409 4730, within a pasture field during survey in 2008. (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20660 Unpublished document: Jurecki, K (ARCUS). 2008. Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site Landscape Project: Cromford and Belper Survey Transects. Level 1 Survey.. B1/1.
|Grid reference||SK 3407 4732 (point)|
|Civil Parish||BELPER, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM