Building record MDR11929 - Independent Chapel, Main Street, Youlgreave

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

The 1st ed. 25" OS map c. 1880 shows an Independent Methodist Chapel on Main Street in Youlgreave. (1) The chapel was still in use at the beginning of the 20th century. (2, 3) Examination of modern maps indicate that the building is being used as a club. (4)

Sources/Archives (4)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXVIII - 7, 1898.
  • <3> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
  • <4> Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 2057 6404 (7m by 8m)
Civil Parish YOULGREAVE, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jul 3 2009 8:34AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.