Building record MDR11934 - Wesleyan Reform Union Chapel, Chapel Croft, Elton
Type and Period (1)
- WESLEYAN REFORM UNION CHAPEL (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
The 1st ed. 25" OS map c. 1880 shows a Chapel on Chapel Croft, Elton. (1) The Chapel was still in use at the beginning of the 20th century. (2, 3) Examination of modern maps indicate that the building is in use as a private residence. (4) Bulmer records three Methodist chapels in Elton at the end of the 19th century "The Wesleyans, Primitive Methodists, and the Wesleyan Reform Union have each a chapel in the village". (5) The former Wesleyan Ebenezer Chapel a now private house. (6)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXVIII - 15, 1899.
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20716 Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
- <5> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 373.
- <6> SDR20739 *Internet Web Site: www.derbyshire-peakdistrict.co.uk/elton.htm. http://www.derbyshire-peakdistrict.co.uk/elton.htm.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2224 6091 (17m by 6m)|
|Civil Parish||ELTON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 2 2009 11:28AM