Building record MDR11937 - Wesleyan Methodist Chapel and heritage centre, West Street, Whaley Thorns, Scarcliffe

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

The 2nd 25" OS map c. 1900 shows a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel at the edge of Horse Wood [now West Street], Whaley Thorns. (1) The chapel had been expanded by the 3rd ed. OS map c. 1910. (2) Examination of modern maps indicate that the building is now in use as a heritage centre [2009]. (3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXVI - 8, 1898.
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
  • <3> Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 5313 7106 (22m by 19m)
Civil Parish SCARCLIFFE, BOLSOVER, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jun 12 2017 4:32PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.