Building record MDR11954 - Perryfoot Farm, Peak forest
Type and Period (2)
- FARMHOUSE (Georgian to Late 20th Century - 1800 AD? to 2000 AD?)
- OUTBUILDING (Georgian to Late 20th Century - 1800 AD? to 2000 AD?)
- None recorded
The 1st ed. 25" OS map c. 1880 shows a farmhouse with a complex of outbuildings. (1) The layout of the farm complex remains the same on the 3rd ed. OS map c. 1900. (2) Examination of modern maps indicate that the farmhouse and two of the outbuildings are still in use albeit the farmhouse has been extended. The other outbuildings, including the original farmhouse, have been replaced by modern barns. (3) The traditional buildings are of an 18th and 19th century date and comprise of a large farmhouse and two outbuildings to the north-east. The listed farmhouse has two storeys and was originally 'T'-shaped, although its south-eastern range has been subsequently extended to the south-west. It is of coursed limestone build with sandstone details and a blue slate roof. Although architecturally it is of early 19th century style it is depicted on maps of the parish in 1853 and was presumably built after this date. The previous farmhouse was situated to the south-east of the current dwelling and survived until the late 20th century when a large modern barn replaced it. Directly to the north-east of the farmhouse is a coursed limestone, two-storey outbuilding with an external staircase to a loft. To the south-east of this outbuilding is a second traditional outbuilding built in two phases from coursed limestone. A 20th century offshut was built against its north-eastern wall. Both buildings appear on the 1807 Liberty map.
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20433 Unpublished document: Ullathorne, A (PDNPA). 2001. Perryfoot Farm, Peak Forest, Derbyshire, archaeological survey, 2004. p 2.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1005 8123 (50m by 35m)|
|Civil Parish||PEAK FOREST, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 7 2009 4:29PM