Monument record MDR11992 - Pinfold (site of), Hungry Lane, Bradwell
Type and Period (1)
- POUND (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
The 1st ed. 25" OS map c. 1880 shows a small structure, the same structure is marked as a pinfold on the 2nd ed. OS map c. 1900 (1, 2). The pinfold is not marked on the 3rd ed. OS map c. 1910. (3) The site of a pinfold that no longer exists. The pinfold was incorporated into the roadway. (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR6994 Bibliographic reference: Harris, H. 1971. Industrial Archaeology of the Peak District. p 193.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1724 8106 (9m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||BRADWELL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 22 2015 11:55AM