New Hyde Mill was a two storey building with a low square chimney, with vestiges of water power. In 1846 it had a 24 hp steam engine, and John Ashton was spinning cotton. In 1857 a 30 hp engine was at work, and the mill was operated by Misses Alice, Nancy and Sarah Ann Bennett. (1)
By c. 1880 the building had become a wadding mill. (2)
Bibliographic reference: Harris, H. 1971. Industrial Archaeology of the Peak District. p 235.
Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 0610 8074 (31m by 54m)
CHAPEL EN LE FRITH, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 28 2015 12:44PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.