Monument record MDR12004 - Blue John Show Cave, Winnats Head, Castleton
Type and Period (1)
- LEAD MINE (Stuart to Victorian - 1700 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
- <1> SDR20716 Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
- <2> SDR19821 Bibliographic reference: Barnatt, J. 2004. An Inventory of Regionally & Nationally Important Lead Mining Sites in the Peak District. Vol. 2: Corpus of Sites. p 3, site no. 1.
- <3> SDR20407 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J (PDNPA). 1993. Winnats Head Farm, Castleton, Derbyshire, archaeological survey, 1993. p 4, Feature 26.
- <4> SDR21472 Bibliographic reference: 2012. 'Bones found in cave are around 3,500 years old', The Star. Published on Monday 27 February 2012.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1317 8320 (41m by 95m)|
|Civil Parish||CASTLETON, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 23 2015 11:12AM