The disused Midland Railway line passes through Hassop parish. Hassop station is now an agricultural machinery depot. It closed for passengers on 17/08/1942, and goods on 05/10/1964. (1)
Ornate single storey gritstone station on the Rosley-Buxton line of 1863. Former platform canopy has been removed. Now (1997) a bookshop. (2)
Bibliographic reference: Harris, H. 1971. Industrial Archaeology of the Peak District.
Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 1997. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. A Gazetteer of Sites. Part IV. Derbyshire Dales.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 2174 7052 (28m by 32m)
HASSOP, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 2 2014 12:49PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.