Monument record MDR12028 - Flour mill (site of), Full Wood, Middleton and Smerrill

Type and Period (2)

  • (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1900 AD)
  • (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1900 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

The 1st ed. 25" OS map c. 1880 shows a flour mill with associated water channels next to the Corn Mill Bridge [see SMR 10156] at Full Wood. By the 2nd ed. OS map c. 1900 the mill is marked as 'Disused Flour Mill'. (1, 2) The slight remains of a flour mill on the River Bradford. (3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <3> Bibliographic reference: Harris, H. 1971. Industrial Archaeology of the Peak District.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 1994 6360 (108m by 170m)
Civil Parish MIDDLETON AND SMERRILL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Sep 27 2017 3:56PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.