Disused water pump of 1902 standing at the crossroads in Cubley village centre. It was made of iron by Bamfords, and is initialled H.A.C. for the Clowes estate. (1)
The pump is square in section, with a spout to the front and a cow-tail handle to one side, and with a pyramidal cap and finial. On all three visible sides raised bands frame two panels with a circle between them. The spout is set into the circle to the front, and the panel above contains in relief the letters HAC and the date 1902, while the lower panel displays a small shield with the words 'Bamford's Frost Protected Lift Pump' above what appears to be the Royal coat of arms, indicating that Bamford's held a Royal Warrant. (2)
Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 13.1, with photo.
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. List entry number 1393346.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
SK 1655 3813 (point)
CUBLEY, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 18 2013 4:47PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.