Monument record MDR12088 - Post-medieval enclosure earthworks, Fields Farm, Twyford
Type and Period (2)
- RECTANGULAR ENCLOSURE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- SETTLEMENT ? (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Four rectangular enclosures are visible as earthworks on aerial photographs on Bing Maps [as of 2009]. (1) The enclosures also appear on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c.1880, and may represent post-medieval settlement. (2) The enclosures and buildings present on the 1st edition OS map no longer appear on the 2nd edition 25" OS map and have been replaced by trees. (3)
- <1> SDR20759 *Internet Web Site: Bing Maps. www.bing.com/maps.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3432 2873 (78m by 37m)|
|Civil Parish||TWYFORD AND STENSON, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 30 2016 4:27PM