Monument record MDR1215 - Possible round barrow, Shal Low, Flagg
Type and Period (1)
- ROUND BARROW ? (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- None recorded
Shal Low, near Flagg, listed as a barrow. (1,2). Not located. (3). Possible site of a round barrow, not located on the ground. (4). This site was probably postulated by Bateman on place-name evidence only. There is no sign of a barrow in this area which was intensively used in the Medieval period. (5).
- <1> SDR16985 Bibliographic reference: Bateman, T. 1861. Ten Years' Diggings in Celtic and Saxon Grave Hills. p294.
- <2> SDR6100 Personal Observation: F1 BHS 16-FEB-66.
- <3> SDR12267 Index: OS. SK 16 NW 28. SK 16 NW 28.
- <4> SDR9693 Index: NDAT. 0939. 0939.
- <5> SDR2466 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J. 1989. The Peak District Barrow Survey (updated 1994). Site 8:A.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 137 684 (143m by 105m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||FLAGG, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 30 2015 10:31AM