Monument record MDR12158 - Trough and spring, Monk's Road, Charlesworth

Type and Period (1)

  • (Tudor to Victorian - 1540 AD to 1882 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

A roadside trough that is fed by a spring issuing from a stone arch, with the letter 'G' carved in to the keystone. The trough is situated at the foot of Monk's Road, near the junction with High Lane. (1) The site appears to be marked on modern OS mapping as a well fed by a drain. It also appears on the 1st edition 25" OS map. (2)

Sources/Archives (2)

  • <1> Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 13.1, with photos.
  • <2> Personal Observation: Manning, N. Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 0096 9293 (12m by 20m)
Civil Parish CHARLESWORTH, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Feb 11 2010 10:35AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.