Monument record MDR12187 - Leevale Rope Works (site of), Glossop Road, Charlesworth
Type and Period (1)
(Victorian to Early 20th Century - 1896 AD to 1921 AD)
Loading documents & images
Lee Vale Rope Works, along Glossop Road, was owned and worked by John Booth & Sons (Charlesworth) Ltd. During the 1930s and 40s when the mill was making long ropes, a rope walk was used, and this often 'stretched down the fields as far as Long Lane'. The mill came into disuse after the Second World War and the building was eventually demolished. Now, on the land where the mill once stood, a modern estate was built in the 1960s - namely Lee Vale Gardens Estate. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Fullarton, J (Charlesworth Heritage Group). 1985. Just a Glimpse of Charlesworth. p 13.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 0063 9310 (140m by 98m)
CHARLESWORTH, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 27 2017 3:21PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.