The extent of the grounds surrounding Tupton Hall appears, from map comparison, to have increased over the course of the 19th century. Sanderson's map of 1835 and the Tithe Map of 1843 shows blocks of fields to the west, north-east and south-east of the hall. (1, 2)
These fields appear to have been incorporated into the grounds by c. 1880, with part of the former possibly having been used to create an orchard and kitchen garden. (3) Four fishponds are shown on the historic maps, of which only the northernmost appears to have survived.
Map: Sanderson, G. 1835. Twenty Miles round Mansfield.
Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3946 6505 (724m by 660m)
TUPTON, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 24 2023 3:42PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.