The foundation stones of this former chapel were laid in 1880. It was open for Divine Worship in 1881. A two-manual pedal pipe organ was installed two years after. (1)
The building appears on modern mapping as 'Chapel Lofts', and it appears that the former chapel may have been converted into flats. (2)
*Internet Web Site: Glossop Heritage Trust. Glossopdale Churches and Chapels. http://www.glossopheritage.co.uk/. Web page last updated 22/02/2010.
Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series. 22/04/2010.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 0296 9626 (25m by 25m)
GLOSSOP, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 18 2016 2:54PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.