A Wesleyan Reform Chapel was opened here in November 1854 with seating for 250 people. The foundation stone for a new Sunday School was laid in 1893 (see SMR 33303). It was then decided that a new Chapel should be built. The old building was demolished and the foundation stone for the new Chapel was laid in June 1897. It was opened in May 1898. The Chapel was eventually demolished in 1965 after being closed for a few years. (1)
*Internet Web Site: Glossop Heritage Trust. Glossopdale Churches and Chapels. http://www.glossopheritage.co.uk/. Web page last updated 09/12/2009.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 0342 9426 (19m by 25m)
GLOSSOP, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 9 2016 12:24PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.