Building record MDR12271 - Former Methodist Chapel, Princess Street, Glossop

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

The Princess Street Chapel was the only one on the Glossop Methodist Circuit not to be built in stone. It was built in 1893 from wood with a corrugated iron roof. It closed in August 1960 and the congregation moved to Shrewsbury Street Chapel (SMR 6187). In October 1961 the building was converted into a Scout Hut (1st Glossop) and is still in use today. (1)

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> *Internet Web Site: Glossop Heritage Trust. Glossopdale Churches and Chapels. http://www.glossopheritage.co.uk/. Web page last updated 09/12/2009.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 0297 9370 (16m by 20m)
Civil Parish GLOSSOP, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Nov 15 2017 3:52PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.