St. Luke's is a daughter Church of St. James' Church, Whitfield. It had a humble missionary beginning in an upper room over the shop of Mr. Goldthorpe at the corner of Charles Street and Talbot Street, Glossop. In 1895 the 'Iron Church', so called because it was made of tin, was erected on the land where the present church now stands. In 1903 the 'Iron Church' was removed, and the Church that now stands at the site was built in 1905-6. (1)
*Internet Web Site: Glossop Heritage Trust. Glossopdale Churches and Chapels. http://www.glossopheritage.co.uk/. Web page last updated 08/12/2009.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 0334 9439 (55m by 44m)
GLOSSOP, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 9 2016 12:24PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.