A Victorian letterbox is mounted into the wall outside The White House, Dalbury Hollow, on the north-east corner of the crossroads. (1)
The 1st ed. 25" OS map of c. 1880 shows a letter box at this site, so presumably the existing box pre-dates this. (2)
Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 19.1, with photo.
Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
SK 2650 3484 (point)
DALBURY LEES, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 29 2010 4:22PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.