A Wesleyan Methodist Chapel appears here on the 1st edition OS map. (1)
It is described as a United Methodist Free Church in 1895. On a stone above the door is inscribed 'Sunday school for children of all denominations, A.D. 1824'. (2)
There does not appear to be a building here by the 1971-2 aerial photographs. (3)
Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 197.
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 0128 8921 (23m by 26m)
NEW MILLS, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 7 2010 10:46AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.