Monument record MDR12292 - Primitive Methodist Chapel (site of), Spring Bank Road, New Mills
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1876 AD to 1876 AD)
- None recorded
There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel here on the 1st edition OS map. (1) The Primitive Methodists have a chapel in Spring Bank that was built in 1876. It is a substantial edifice of stone in an attractive style of architecture, and is furnished with open pews of pitchpine to seat 350. In the basement are the Sunday school and classrooms. (2) The building appears to have been demolished and the site redeveloped . (3)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 197.
- <3> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series. 30/04/2010.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 0012 8598 (40m by 33m)|
|Civil Parish||NEW MILLS, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 30 2010 12:31PM