Building record MDR12328 - Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Main Road, Bamford

Type and Period (2)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

There is a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel here on the 1st edition OS map. (1) The Wesleyan Chapel at Bamford was erected in 1821, but was re-built in 1889. It is in the Bradwell circuit. (2) The building still appears to be in use as a Methodist Church [2010]. (3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <2> Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 109.
  • <3> *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Web site viewed 19/05/2010.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 2077 8364 (15m by 16m)
Civil Parish BAMFORD, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Sep 7 2010 10:47AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.