A National school was erected at Scropton in 1850, at a cost of £450, raised by subscription and a grant from the National Society. The site (1½ acres) was given by John Broadhurst Esq. The average attendance in 1857 was 40 boys and 20 girls. (1)
The former village school at Scropton has now been converted into two houses. It probably dates from the 1850s (there is a date on the building). It is constructed in Tudoresque style with diamond pane windows. There is a prominent chimney or ventilation tower. It is considered to be of local architectural and historic interest. (2)
Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 10(e).1, with photo.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 1920 3020 (14m by 15m)
FOSTON AND SCROPTON, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 30 2016 4:01PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.