Monument record MDR12346 - Village pump, Main Street, Findern
Type and Period (2)
- WATER PUMP (Victorian - 1880 AD to 1900 AD)
- WELL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
In 1971 the village pump was described as having been 'recently unearthed from a heap of rubbish'. It was described as an iron pump about a well, in poor condition and needing a coat of paint and some paving slabs around it. In 1973 a small grant was obtained towards renovation of the site. (1) The 1st edition 25" OS map marks a well at the site. (2) The 2nd edition depicts a pump, suggesting that the present pump may be of late 19th century date. (3)
- <1> SDR18918 Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 13.1, with photos.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Sheet LIV-11.
- <3> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Sheet LIV-11, 1901.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3079 3041 (3m by 4m)|
|Civil Parish||FINDERN, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 12 2016 2:30PM