Building record MDR12349 - Former Primitive Methodist Chapel, Station Road, Buxworth
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1878 AD to 1878 AD)
- None recorded
There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel marked at this location on the 1st edition OS map. (1) The Primitive Methodists have a chapel in Bugsworth. It was built in 1878, at a cost of £1,300, and is a large stone edifice in the Gothic style. (2) The chapel is still standing, but no longer appears to be in use as a place of worship . (3)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 115.
- <3> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Web site viewed 02/06/2010.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 0233 8217 (17m by 17m)|
|Civil Parish||CHINLEY, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 16 2010 9:43AM