St Anne's Catholic Church, in Terrace Road, is a neat edifice in the Early English style, erected in 1861, at a cost of about £3,000, exclusive of the site, which cost 100 guineas. The building is now  in course of enlargement by the prolongation of the east end to form a sanctuary, and the addition of two chapels on the north side dedicated to the Sacred Heart and Blessed Virgin. The estimated cost of the extension is about £400. Adjoining the church are the Presbytery and the schools. (1)
The building is still in use as a Roman Catholic Church . (2)
Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. pp 126-7.
Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series. 09/06/2010.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 0592 7335 (29m by 31m)
BUXTON, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 31 2018 10:54AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.