Monument record MDR12368 - Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (site of), Main Street, Hathersage
Type and Period (1)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (Georgian - 1807 AD to 1807 AD)
- None recorded
There is a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition OS map. (1) The Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, built in 1807, was restored and enlarged at a large expense of about £1,000. A new and elegant front was added, in the pediment of which is a handsome clock. The interior arrangements are all that can be desired for comfort and utility. (2) The chapel appears to have been demolished, with a larger Methodist Church now situated to the south . (3)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 387.
- <3> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series. 09/06/2010.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2312 8152 (14m by 23m)|
|Civil Parish||HATHERSAGE, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 29 2018 2:55PM