There is a commemorative tablet over the side doorway of Barratt's Paint Shop [in 1974], Church Street, Church Gresley. It takes the form of a circular plaque with lettering as follows: This / School was / built by Subscription / Anno Domini 1818 / Raised, and enlarged, and / render'd more convenient / Anno Domini 1824 / at the sole Expense of / EDWARD SMITH, Gent. / of Burton / formerly at / [Lynton?]. By January 1986 the building was a house, roughcast over, bearing a plaque saying "Old School House". The large plaque was still in situ, clear of the rendering. (1)
Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 10(e).1, with photo.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 2974 1835 (20m by 22m)
SWADLINCOTE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 5 2013 12:31PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.