Building record MDR12379 - Roman Catholic Chapel, Queen Street, Tideswell
Type and Period (1)
- ROMAN CATHOLIC CHAPEL (Hanoverian - 1832 AD to 1832 AD)
- None recorded
A disused Roman Catholic Chapel is situated here on the 1st edition OS map. (1) It appears to be in use as a Roman Catholic Chapel by the 2nd edition OS map. (2) The Catholics of Tideswell parish were without any place of worship from the time that the old church was taken from them until 1832, when their present one was built and endowed by the Duke of Norfolk. (3) The building appears to be still in use as a place of worship . (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 478.
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1516 7548 (16m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||TIDESWELL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 29 2016 10:21AM