In 1330 Richard de Grey, lord of Codnor, claimed four parks. These are named in 1335, one of them being 'Allerker'. There are a number of references in the 15th century - for example, in 1435 a certain John Clarke was appointed as keeper of the parks of Codnor and Aldercar at a salary of 2d per day. Saxton's map of 1577 shows Aldercar Park, and there is a further reference to the 'Parke of Aldercarr' in 1596. It was presumably disparked sometime after this. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Wiltshire, M & Woore, S. 2009. Medieval Parks of Derbyshire. pp. 54-5.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 4411 4842 (1026m by 1000m)
ALDERCAR AND LANGLEY MILL, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 9 2017 11:13AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.