Monument record MDR12477 - Roman Catholic chapel (site of), Granby Street, Bakewell
Type and Period (1)
- ROMAN CATHOLIC CHAPEL (Victorian - 1875 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A Roman Catholic chapel appears here on the 2nd edition OS map, but is not present on the 1st edition OS map. (1, 2) The Catholic Church, dedicated to the English Martyrs, is a temporary building of corrugated iron in Granby Road. (3) The building has since been demolished and the site appears to have been redeveloped . (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 305.
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2187 6842 (24m by 24m)|
|Civil Parish||BAKEWELL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 13 2017 12:37PM