Building record MDR12489 - Old School, School Lane, Over Haddon
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
There is a church in this location on the 1st edition OS map. (1) It is labelled as a school by the 2nd edition OS map. (2) A small but neat mission church dedicated to St Anne was built at Over Haddon in 1880 (see SMR 11494). Service was previously held in the schoolroom. (3) The building appears on modern OS mapping as 'Old School' . (4) Looking at Google Maps Street View, the building now appears to be in residential use . (5)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. pp 307-8.
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <5> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 10/11/2010.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2066 6640 (12m by 10m)|
|Civil Parish||OVER HADDON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 21 2011 5:04PM