Building record MDR12490 - St Michael and All Angels' Chapel, Weaddow Lane, Middleton

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

This building appears as 'Church (Disused)' on the 1st and 2nd edition OS maps. (1, 2) It appears as 'St Michael & All Angels' Ch.' on the 3rd edition OS map. (3) The chapel of ease of St Michael and All Angels, situated in Middleton, and for many years disused, was restored in 1899. (4) It still appears to be in use as a place of worship [2010]. (5)

Sources/Archives (5)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <3> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
  • <4> Bibliographic reference: Kelly, A L (ed.). 1912. Kelly's Directory of Derbyshire.
  • <5> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 1957 6310 (15m by 11m)
Civil Parish MIDDLETON AND SMERRILL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Sep 27 2017 3:56PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.