Monument record MDR12491 - Methodist Chapel (site of), Pikehall, Hartington Nether Quarter
Type and Period (1)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1864 AD to 1864 AD)
- None recorded
There is a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel here on the 1st edition OS map. (1) There is a Wesleyan Chapel in Pike Hall that was built in 1864. (2) Although there is a building in this position on modern OS mapping, it appears from Google Maps Street View that the former chapel has been demolished and the site redeveloped . (3, 4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 325.
- <3> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <4> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1916 5912 (11m by 17m)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON NETHER QUARTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 26 2017 4:58PM