The Wesleyan Methodists erected their first chapel here in 1843, at a cost of £110, and rebuilt it in 1868 on a larger scale, at a cost of upwards of £700. An organ was put in in 1883, at an expense of £285. (1)
The chapel appears to have been demolished, but the site remains undeveloped . (2)
Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 674.
Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 4247 6220 (35m by 34m)
PILSLEY, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 9 2011 1:49PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.