Monument record MDR12525 - New Connexion Methodist Chapel (site of), Green Lane, Pilsley
Type and Period (1)
- METHODIST NEW CONNEXION CHAPEL (Victorian - 1877 AD? to 1882 AD)
- None recorded
A New Connexion Methodist Chapel appears here on the 1st edition OS map. (1) It may be the Primitive New Connection Chapel referred to by Bulmer & co. (1895), which he says was built in 1877. (2) It appears as a Sunday School on the 3rd edition OS map. (3) It appears to have been demolished by the 4th edition OS map. (4) The site now appears to be a garden to Ainemoor Cottage . (5)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 674.
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR18867 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1937-38. OS County Series, Third Revision, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <5> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4202 6319 (26m by 21m)|
|Civil Parish||PILSLEY, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 9 2011 1:49PM