Monument record MDR12536 - Primitive Methodist Chapel (site of), Quoit Green, Dronfield
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1875 AD to 1875 AD)
- None recorded
According to Bulmer's Directory, the Primitive Methodists of Dronfield worship in a corrugated iron structure. (1) According to Kelly's Directory, the Primitive Methodist chapel in Dronfield is an iron structure that was erected in 1875, and has 100 sittings. (2) A Primitive Methodist Chapel appears in Quoit Green on the 1st edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1880. (3) The structure appears to have since been demolished, but the site remains undeveloped . (4)
- <1> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 229.
- <2> SDR21041 Bibliographic reference: Kelly, A L (ed.). 1912. Kelly's Directory of Derbyshire. p 241.
- <3> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3563 7815 (24m by 25m)|
|Civil Parish||DRONFIELD, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 13 2016 10:31AM