Building record MDR12540 - Primitive Methodist Chapel, Eckington Road, Coal Aston
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1866 AD to 1866 AD)
- None recorded
According to Bulmer's Directory, the Primitive Methodists have a chapel at Coal Aston, which was built in 1866. (1) There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel in Coal Aston on the 1st edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1880, presumably that referred to by Bulmer in 1895. (2) The building still appears to be in use as a Methodist Chapel . (3)
- <1> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 230.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3629 7957 (15m by 21m)|
|Civil Parish||DRONFIELD, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 13 2012 11:53AM