Building record MDR12551 - Former Primitive Methodist Chapel, Upper Town Lane, Birchover
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1867 AD to 1867 AD)
- None recorded
A Primitive Methodist Chapel appears here on the 1st edition OS map. (1) The Primitive Methodists have a chapel in Birchover, which was built in 1867. (2) The building appears to still be standing, but there has been an extension on its northern end . (3)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 458.
- <3> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Web page viewed 15/12/2010.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2392 6214 (10m by 16m)|
|Civil Parish||BIRCHOVER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 5 2014 4:39PM