Monument record MDR12568 - Primitive Methodist Chapel (site of), Duke Street, Middleton
Type and Period (2)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1846 AD to 1846 AD)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1870 AD to 1874 AD)
- None recorded
The Primitive Methodists have a small chapel in Middleton, erected in 1846, which will seat about 150 persons. (1) There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition OS map. (2) The Primitive Methodist Chapel was erected in 1846, and rebuilt in 1874. It will seat about 300. (3) The Primitive Methodist Chapel was rebuilt in 1870. (4) The chapel appears to have since been demolished and the area has been redeveloped . (5)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 463.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 437.
- <4> SDR21041 Bibliographic reference: Kelly, A L (ed.). 1912. Kelly's Directory of Derbyshire.
- <5> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2761 5616 (19m by 21m)|
|Civil Parish||MIDDLETON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 14 2017 4:28PM