Monument record MDR12581 - Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (site of), Compton Street, Ashbourne
Type and Period (1)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (Georgian - 1822 AD to 1822 AD)
- None recorded
The Wesleyan Methodists have a commodious chapel at Ashbourne, situated in Compton. It is a neat brick building, erected in 1822, and contains a good organ. It will seat about 700 hearers. (1) There is a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition OS map. (2) The Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, situated in Church Street, was erected in 1880 (see SMR 357). The old chapel at Compton is now disused . (3) The building has since been demolished and the site has been redeveloped . (4)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 394.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 281.
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1812 4653 (19m by 14m)|
|Civil Parish||ASHBOURNE, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 16 2016 2:01PM